Bird Removal and Pigeon Control
Who’s that knocking at your window? Fluttering in your chimney? Roosting on your eaves? Do you have bird pests? Pigeons (or rock dove), house sparrows, european starlings and woodpeckers are common birds that can become problematic for a homeowner.
Bird removal and pigeon control
Birds can be beneficial for humans by helping to control insect populations, not too mention listening to a songbird welcome spring or showing a child a robin’s nest for the first time can be lovely. But sometimes it’s time for bird removal. Birds, especially pigeons, can become unwelcome guests:
- Acidic bird droppings are not only unsightly, but also can carry diseases and damage your buildings.
- Nests can cause breathing issues—from the airborne spores of their excrement to blocking up ventilations pipes.
- Birds can cause a fire hazard. Nests in dryer vents or chimneys can catch fire or prevent smoke from going outside.
- Woodpeckers can drill holes in your siding in their search for insects or desire to announce their territory.
How can you remove nuisance birds from your home?
A trained wildlife expert who has experience with bird removal and pigeon control can assess the best ways to remove, exclude and clean up after birds.
- Removal. If you have a bird nesting in your chimney, eaves, soffits, vents or attic, the best way to safely and humanely get rid of the bird is to move the mother and her chicks. This might involve transferring them to a man-made nest by hand.
- Exclusion. Pigeons and other birds will have a hard time resisting your warm and protected attic space unless you make sure these feathered fellows can’t move in. Adding a metal screen around chimneys and repairing other access points are critical for keeping pests out.
- Clean up. Pigeons and other birds can create a large unsanitary mess with their nests and bird droppings. Decontamination services from a licensed service provider can safely clean up bird excretions.
Similar to bat guano, bird droppings can cause histoplasmosis if you breath in the airborne spores of the fungus. Bird excrement can also transmit cryptococcosis and psittacosis to humans. So although simple bird dropping removal may only require disposable gloves, washable clothes and not breathing in the dust; larger bird messes may require coveralls, wetting agents and masks. Birds can also carry mites, fleas, and ticks. At Debug we provide decontamination services to return your home to a clean and safe place.
Debug bird control in Rhode Island, eastern Connecticut, and eastern Massachusetts
We specialize in bird control for southern New England. Call us for expert bird removal services in the Rhode Island, eastern Connecticut, and eastern Massachusetts region.
"I hope you realize what an awesome employee you have John being part of your team. I can't thank him or you enough for taking care of my bug-phobia!! You're company is fantastic and I have been telling this to ALL I know. Thanks again!"
Deb O. - Burrillville, RI
Why choose Debug?
- Family owned
- Green Pro certified
- Quality Pro certified
Debug Pest Control received an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars from 375 reviews.