Fall is here! As the weather grows more chilly, we will certainly want to spend more time keeping warm indoors, meaning pests will want to, too. This means, you may see signs of mice, cockroaches, and spiders indoors.
SEE ALSO: 11 Fall Pest Control & Prevention Tips →
These pests can be both health risks to families and physical risks to the structure of your home. Mice and rats carry diseases such as Salmonella and can damage drywall and electrical wires throughout a home. Cockroaches trigger allergies and asthma, especially in young children.
Pests are now in survival mode and are looking to relocate to a new home for the new winter. The ideal spot will be someplace warm and near a food source. This means your home is the ideal spot.
Don’t want pests this fall? Here are 11 pest-proofing tips and ideas:
- Check for stow-aways! Inspect grocery bags and boxes before you bring them inside.
- Repair damaged screens.
- Install door sweeps.
- Store firewood away from the house.
- Trim shrubbery at least 1 foot away from the foundation.
- Replace loose mortar around basement windows.
- Install weather stripping in all doors and windows.
- Make sure your garbage bags are in sealed bins and barrels.
- Seal cracks and crevices on the outside of your home. Caulk will do just fine.
- Make sure all outdoor faucets are off and non-leaking.
- Make sure vents and screens near chimneys and attics aren’t broken or ripped.
If you see signs of an infestation, give us a call for rodent control and blocking services!