Sugar Ant Removal & Control
In their quest for food and water, sugar ants might be making a beeline for your home—especially your kitchen. The name sugar ant is widely used to describe a variety of small to medium-sized ants that crave the sweet stuff, such as the pharaoh ant or the odorous ant. (There is a banded sugar ant, but it is found in Australia.)
How to get rid of sugar ants
Like most living things, sugar ants will invade a home because they are looking for food and water.
As with many pests, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure:
- Keep it clean! Wipe up any spills and crumbs of food—especially sweet messes in the kitchen. Drips of syrup and splashes of soda pop are big invitations to tiny ants.
- Secure your food. Don’t put a half-eaten candy bar in your desk drawer believing that closing the drawer is a deterrent. Fold down snack bags and clip them tightly closed. When in doubt, put your food in glass or plastic containers with a close-fitting lid.
- Seal up possible ant entrances. Use silicone caulk to seal up cracks around your home. Repair holes in your window screens and replace worn weather stripping around doors (good for keeping heating costs down and keeping pests out).
- Eliminate moisture and standing water around the home. Fix leaky hose bibs and other ongoing drips.
If you’ve cleaned possible food sources and entrances, and still have an ant problem, it’s time to call a licensed pest professional to identify and treat your ant infestation. A trained pest specialist understands the ins and out of getting rid of sugar ants.
Debug sugar ant control in Rhode Island, eastern Connecticut, and eastern Massachusetts
Depending on the type of ant and the size of the ant colony involved, Debug has several methods to get rid of sugar ants.
Debug sugar ant control services cover the southern New England:
- Rhode Island - including Providence, Newport, Warwick, and Woonsocket
- Eastern Connecticut - including Danielson, Killingly, Norwich, and Putnam
- Eastern Massachusetts - including Attleboro, Cape Cod, Fall River, New Bedford, and Worcester
- Debug offers a “Home Protection Plan”* for Rhode Island, eastern Connecticut, and eastern Massachusetts. Our “Home Protection Plan” provides a regularly scheduled maintenance plan, customized for your property.
*This covers most pests. It excludes ticks/mosquitoes, termite, fleas, bed bugs and powder post beetles.
“I have over a decade of experience with the people at Debug Pest Control and they have always treated me right. I would recommend their services without a doubt.”
Dr. Jason Aminsharifi