How to Choose a Pest Control Company in Providence
Whether you have noticed termite damage in your walls, or have swarms of hornets in your garage, your choice of pest control companies can have a lasting effect. The following tips will help you make an informed choice. Look for a few companies that meet all of these criteria, and then contact them for pricing.
- Get recommendations from family, friends, and neighbors. Never ask a company for a referral. They will always give you a good one.
- Look for membership in a professional organization. Membership in the National Pest Management Association and New England Pest Management Association gives companies access to training and current information as well as showing a commitment to the industry.
- Look for experience. Check how long a company has been in business. Check for complaints with the Better Business Bureau.
- If they have more than one technician, ask about the quality and the experience of the technician they'll be sending.
- Ask what treatments and solutions they will recommend. Look for companies that use Integrated Pest Management. IPM practitioners use a variety of pest management techniques, of which pesticides are only one tool.
- Are they available nights and weekends? Ask about their service plans, and how emergencies are handled.
- Do they have low-toxic/green options?
- Are they insurec? Any contractor you hire should have worker's and liability compensation coverage.
- Do they have cool trucks?
- Can they give recommendations on how to help keep homes pest-free?
If you are looking for a pest control company in Providence, call us at 401-992-9000.